Saturday 1 March 2008

Where has all the respect gone?!

When ever we hear of any bad news in the community in our house, all I hear is "when I was a kid we could not get away with half of what you kids do today". I personally feel embarrassed as a kid, because of the generation of kids I have grown up with and know personally who have no respect for other kids let alone adults. It comes to something when people living in our community will not go to the local shops and buy a pint of milk or a loaf of bread at certain times of the day for the fear of being verbally abused by some kid dressed in a hooded top disguised as some Jawa thing from Star Wars.
I have lived in Henbury all my life I have gone to the local schools here, I like living here in Henbury. I have been actively involved in the various community events over in the last few years, but lately I have been feeling when I am old enough I want to move away and make a good life for myself and my family.
All I would like to say on behalf of my generation is: SORRY, but there are a lot of kids who do respect their elders and try to do the right thing.

Matt 14 years old

No comments: